At 4:15 AM my phone rings. Let me tell you, phone calls in the middle of the night are startling enough....then to hear Clint on the other line saying, "A bad storm is heading your way..." followed by a strobe light of lightening outside the window...can really get you out of bed fast. Cam, on the other hand, didn't get out of bed so quickly. I turned the tv on and saw "swirly" action not far from Rockwall...then the satellite went out. I looked out the window and saw a scary looking wall cloud and lots of wind...so, I told Cam to get out of bed, grab the comforter and get in the guest bathroom. I sat in the bathtub wondering what to do....I didn't know if I should call everyone I know in Rockwall and alert them of the storm or if we were the only idiots losing sleep and hanging out in the bathtub. Of course, Cam was taking up all the room and would have been content to stay there the rest of the night. I was squished up at the other end with the faucet in the back of my head. We finally heard from Clint and Kristi that we were in the clear...I am pretty sure we were the only 2 people in bathtubs in Rockwall at 4:30 AM...so, we finally returned to our beds!
No comments:
Post a Comment