This weekend at church Lance said to go about reading the Bible in a way that you are saying "What does God what me to learn about Him?" NOT "What can God teach me about ME today?"
So, I went into my morning quiet time looking for something I could REALLY get out of it about God. I think it is interesting what I got today and just wanted to share.
In Acts 5:29 the Apostles say, "We must obey God rather than men." Such a simple statement, but do we do this? If I had to be honest, No. We do what we want or what the world does....which is usually in complete disobedience to what God wants. It's all about ME and what I want to do today. As I sit thinking about how I really want to workout and lay out. I hope that I can keep God at the forefront of my mind and heart and seek Him as I plan my days and even before I speak.
Another interesting thing was from Acts 5:41. The Apostles had just been flogged...which is basically tortured....and they were REJOICING! I'm sorry but if I had just relieved a beating I would not be a happy camper. But they were excited that they were counted worthy of suffering for Christ. Wow! How often can we not even get up early enough to go to church? Or get out a checkbook to write a check for missions? Or give up some ME time to serve the Lord at a soup kitchen? Or turn the tv off long enough to read our Bible? We don't want to do anything uncomfortable but these Apostles were being beaten and rejoicing.....because they knew the Lord was getting glory!!
I am guilty of listening to men instead of the Lord and being comfortable in my life. But today I pray that the Lord helps me to surrender my needs and wants and to be open to listen to what he wants me to do. And I pray that I can be uncomfortable for Christ-even if that means talking to the lady at the drive through of Taco Bueno about Jesus!
Join Me at My New Blog
9 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment