HOW WE TOLD OUR PARENTS:
The day I found out and after I told Cam, it took quite a while to process it....like 20 minutes. Then we decided we were ready to tell our family right away. We didn't have too much of a plan other than to get some I love grandpa/grandma bibs. I called mom and she was at Pei Wei so I knew I couldn't tell her there. We called Dad and Frances and told them we had a gift for their new dog, which Cam had not met and asked if we could bring dinner over. We got Chick-fil-A and headed over there with the bibs. They still didn't think it was suspicious when Cam walked in with a video camera...we told them to open their present. They opened the gifts, looked at the bibs, and really thought they were for the dog. I looked at Cam and said, "They aren't getting it." so I showed them the test that said "Pregnant". Then it was ALL screams and excitement!!! After dinner we headed to my moms...
I didn't want mom to think I was being suspicious either so I told her I was delivering her 31 order. I thought it was a purse for her since the monogram said "LJH" but it was for my grandma who has the same initials...so she couldn't figure out why I was being so persistent. I told her when I handed her the bag to check out the beautiful inside (Cam starts filming). She pulled out the bib and just thought it was something I was giving to grandma until she sees the pregnancy test....then there were more screams and excitement.
We decided to go see grandma that night. We were going to suprise her at her nightly hangout: BINGO but she wasn't there....so we went to her house and told both of my grandparents.
We decided to call everyone on my mom's side because God love them, my mom and grandma can't keep secrets!!! My dad decided he could keep a secret until the Memorial Day party at this house where I wore this shirt to tell everyone. 

No comments:
Post a Comment